Welcome to Scarlet Cord

Hello! My name is Kris Keese and thank you for visiting my little blog where I share my needle felted and now watercolor journey as well as a few of those life experiences along the way. Please let me know you were here-I would love to hear from you!

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Button Factory

This last weekend was Open Studios at The Button Factory in Portsmouth NH.  John and I spent several hours there but we needed much more time to see everything. During Open Studios you can visit the many artist's studios as well as artists that are just there for the weekend.  One of the highlights was watching a wood turning demonstration by Michael Wise. We bought the very object that was made during the demonstration.

A baby rattle for our newest grandson due to arrive in February.
We also enjoyed visiting with Laury Nichols (L NICHOLS woodcarving) who has the cutest wood carvings. I loved how she had models of the process and did a bit of actual carving while we chatted. She was very encouraging and urged me to look into the jury process in the League of NH Craftsmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment